All the Links of the Week in One Convenient Location
* Ending the World the Human Way: Why can no one talk about climate change?
* You’ve seen it linked everywhere, but not here! Woody Allen’s Good Name. Don’t Listen to Woody Allen’s Biggest Defender. The Internet Digs Up Woody Allen’s Creepy Child-Loving Past. Woody Allen, My Pen Pal.
* Even the liberal Kevin Drum thinks former senator, former secretary of state Hillary Clinton has no accomplishments to run of president on, unlike (say) Obama when he ran for president, or George W. Bush, or Bill Clinton, or Mitt Romney, or….
* “The entire system is a joke. There is absolutely no living, breathing person with any kind of intellect who believes that a grand jury could consider and vote on 10 complex issues in the period of time that they use to deliberate on hundreds,” Joe Cheshire, a Raleigh attorney who handles criminal cases across North Carolina, told The Charlotte Observer.
* And all perfectly legal: Missouri Executes Man While His Appeal Was Still Pending Before Supreme Court.
* Broken clock watch: Antonin Scalia is… making sense?
* Cook, an Edinburg marksman, was target shooting toward the school from about a mile away when he struck the boys Dec. 12, 2011. The gunshots left Nicholas “Nicko” Tijerina, then 13, paralyzed and Edson Amaro, then 14, with serious internal organ damage.
* From the archives: In praise of Joanne Rowling’s Hermione Granger series. Harry Potter novels renamed.
* I think I’ve done this one before, too, but what the hell: Lynda Barry’s Course Syllabus.
* If It Happened There: The Super Bowl.
* CVS Will Stop Selling Tobacco Products by October. I can’t believe it’s taken this long; it’s shocked me that pharmacies sold cigarettes ever since I worked in one way back in high school.
* Gasp! Marx Was Right!
* Now hanging on the wall of my office: The Life of Thought.
* It’s very important to McDonald’s that you know McNuggets are acceptably gross.
* And the future truly is weird: Woman Gives Birth To Children, Discovers Her Twin Is Actually The Biological Mother, But She Is Technically Her Own Twin.