* An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow. Please know that this link is very painful to read and will likely be especially so for survivors. What a horror.
* I’m pretty sure I read this interview with Woody Allen when it was published in 2001, as I’ve been using that exact phrase “the heart wants what it wants” as sarcastic shorthand for destructive, deluded narcissism ever since. But Farrow’s accusations, which are in there, never stuck with me, either from their initial airing in 1993 or from this article in 2001. I don’t know if I concluded from the reporters’s framing and the lack of a conviction that they’d been proven false, or what. I had no memory of any of this before what happened during the Globes. And I feel terrible about that. It’s not about me, but reading her letter and hearing her story broke my heart. “You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton.”
* CU-Boulder reports pervasive sexual harassment within philosophy department. Women fleeing U of Colorado philosophy department’s rampant sex harassment. Summary of Report by the American Philosophical Association to the University of Colorado Boulder. Colorado: What We Do And Don’t Know.
* Scenes from my Cultural Preservation class: consumerism and abandoned malls at the Haggerty Museum of Art. The American Black Holocaust Museum, once the only museum in the country to be dedicated to the memory of slavery. The Chudnow Museum of Yesteryear.
* Use the fields below to search for an institution and view the numbers and percentages of tenure-track, full-time non-tenure-track, and part-time faculty members at that institution in 1995 and in 2009.
* A short Seinfeld reunion of some kind seems to be in the offing. A Super Bowl ad, surely, no matter what they’re claiming otherwise?
* ‘Out-Of-Control’ Rig In The Gulf Gushing Methane Freely Into The Atmosphere. The Water Levels Of The Middle East’s Biggest Lake Have Dropped 95 Percent In Two Decades. Fracking Under Houses Could Be New Norm As U.K. Puts Environmental Concerns On Backburner.
* And the Batman vs. Superman news just gets worse and worse. Perhaps it’s time I just lost hope.
Written by gerrycanavan
February 1, 2014 at 9:48 pm
Posted in Look at what I found on the Internet
Tagged with abandoned malls, academia, adjuncts, American Black Holocaust Museum, artists, Atlanta, Batman v. Superman, BDS, Chudnow Museum of Yesteryear, climate change, consumerism, CU-Boulder, cultural preservation, debt, desertification, Doctor Who, Dylan Farrow, ecology, educational pessimism, feminism, film, games, Haggerty Museum of Art, Harry Potter, How the University Works, hydrofracking, Israel, J.K. Rowling, Jeopardy, kids today, labor, Lex Luthor, libel, maps, Marquette, methane, Michael Mann, Middle East, Milwaukee, misogyny, National Review, Oxfam, Palestine, philosophy, race, rape, rape culture, Salt Lake, Scarlett Johansson, Seinfeld, sexual harassment, snow, socialism, Super Bowl, tenure, The Walking Dead, transient academics, United Kingdom, water, Wisconsin, Won't somebody think of the children?, Woody Allen, yoga
Subscribe to comments with RSS.