Tuesday Morning Catch-up Links
* Fringe was right! Our cosmos was “bruised” in collisions with other universes. Now astronomers have found the first evidence of these impacts in the cosmic microwave background. We must destroy the other universe at once.
* “The strategic mistake of the decade”: Democrats should have let the filibuster die back in 2005.
* How the Bush administration destroyed the planet: honeybee edition.
* 13 awesome and awful pilots for sci-fi series we never got to see, including longtime sentimental favorite Heat Vision & Jack.
* The picture above is from Emily’s great and prolific Tumblr blog, which posts something awesome every five minutes.
* And the New Yorker profiles the architect of all my dreams and nightmares, Shigeru Miyamoto. They had a really solid piece on fundamental flaws in the scientific method recently, too, but unfortunately it’s subscription-only.