* Saturn devours his young: President Trump.
* So weird to see Donald Trump going through all the traditional rituals of assuming the presidency, like the ceremonial settling of your $25 million fraud cases.
* When Mike Pence Went To See Hamilton. (UPDATE: God forbid me, I don’t think this is absolutely insignificant.)
* The Problem of Judas in Amos Oz’s new novel.
* Film analysis minute: Indiana Jones and the collaborators.
* I feel sad.
* Dan Berger in Jacobin: This fall’s prison strikes are a model of how to both survive and challenge an authoritarian, racist order.
* It starts with accepting a simple fact: the Republican Party nominated a candidate better suited to winning a presidential race in 2016.
* Suicide contagion in the Age of Trump. The Banality of Trump. While You Weren’t Looking, Donald Trump Released a Plan to Privatize America’s Roads and Bridges. Hey, just out of curiosity, are there any checks in place to keep the US President from starting a nuclear war?
* Let me tell you a story about a major party’s nominee for President of the United States.
* I come to you now, at the turn of the tide: Finally, the MLA speaks.
* What the: Minnesota Woman Sues Her Trans Teenager for Transitioning Without Her Consent.
* Before the Flood.
* Pokémon originalism is a thing now.
* Give it a chance.
* What kind of New Jersey accent do you have? What’s the most New Jersey thing you can think of?
* Two days after Donald Trump was elected forty-fifth president of the United States, the Canadian government quietly tweaked our immigration system to make it easier for many Americans to move to Canada.
* 75 million years ago, turkeys were 7 feet tall and built for speed. And one day, they’ll have their revenge.