Posts Tagged ‘MMMBop’
* FiveThirtyEight has been doing a great series on Mars colonization. Today’s entries are all about space sex. Also: Everything About Mars Is The Worst.
* Also at FiveThirtyEight: The Odds You’ll Fill Out A Perfect Bracket.
* TRAPPIST-1 seems like a no-go for humanity, but three of the worlds are close enough for life to hop between them.
Your grandchildren were murdered by your parents.
— Gerry Canavan (@gerrycanavan) March 14, 2017
* From the archives: Snow Days Under Socialism.
* America elected a parasite. Let’s take away health insurance from 24 million people. Or 26 million, who’s counting. This Level of Corruption Is Unprecedented in the Modern History of the Presidency. Gotta save money to steal money. “Senate Democrats prepare for spring battle over Trump’s border wall.”
24 million people losing insurance is roughly equivalent to the population of:
— Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) March 13, 2017
more people will lose health insurance under trumpcare than the entire population of florida
— Oliver Willis (@owillis) March 13, 2017
Fun fact: AHCA is projected to kill 17,000 people its 1st year. If all 301 GOP congressmen vote for it, each will have murdered 56 Americans
— Sandra Newman (@sannewman) March 13, 2017
find a man who smiles at you the way Paul Ryan smiles at a rise in the infant mortality rate
— Ken Klippenstein (@kenklippenstein) March 13, 2017
Ah good, Paul Ryan is finally clearing up some misconceptions about the GOP's health plan: pic.twitter.com/FWRiMb30Ni
— Pixelated Boat (@pixelatedboat) March 14, 2017
TRUMP: I will use the bodies of dead 64-year-olds to build my wall.
DEMOCRATS: lol I thought you said Mexico would pay for it
— Gerry Canavan (@gerrycanavan) March 13, 2017
* The Party of Eugenics. They both are, honestly, but the GOP is just so much more vulgar about it.
* At every moment when Trump might have been stopped, when he might have been forced into bankruptcy, had his credit denied, had his loans called in, his licenses revoked, at every juncture where he might have been convicted of a crime or sent to jail—and, again, this is well before he makes his successful bid for the White House—some unplanned and unintended conspiracy of economic reason and political lowlifery mobilizes to protect him. (And it really is unplanned and unintended. The genius of the American system is how the Invisible Hand works to produce systemic vice rather than incidental virtue.)
* We’re heading towards something very ugly: Employers can ban staff from wearing headscarves, European court rules.
* The hype for Logan seems to be reaching comical proportions, but still, you’d be hard-pressed to find another recent superhero movie that was worth emulating.
* Bowie impersonates other singers like Springsteen, Lou Reed. Everything has been bullshit since Bowie died.
* Because you demanded it! Young Sheldon.
Written by gerrycanavan
March 14, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Posted in Look at what I found on the Internet
Tagged with a new life awaits you in the off-world colonies, academia, aging, AHCA, airlines, America, animal personhood, animals, apes, apocalypse, austerity, because you demanded it, Big Bang Theory, Bowie, bracketology, Buffy, CBS, chimpanzees, class struggle, climate change, conferences, democratic socialism, Donald Trump, ecology, empire, English classes, eugenics, Europe, extrasolar planets, FiveThirtyEight, games, general election 2016, Hanson, health care, Hello from the Magic Tavern, Hillary Clinton, How the University Works, Hugos, I grow old, infant mortality, international students, Iron Fist, Islamophobia, John Scalzi, Joss Whedon, kids today, Kim Stanley Robinson, literature, Logan, longevity, March Madness, Marquette, Mars, Marvel, Mexico, MMMBop, monkeys, moral panic, mortality, movies, music, NCAA, neoliberalism, Netflix, New York 2140, outer space, Paul Ryan, podcasts, politics, race, racism, Republicans, satire, sex, snow, socialism, Springsteen, Steve King, super-agers, superheroes, syllabi, television, The Collapsing Empire, The Onion, the university in ruins, Trappist-1, Trumpcare, Veep, violence, visas, white people, Wolverine, Young Sheldon