Posts Tagged ‘Mets’
* Now so-called scientists have ruined the Bermuda Triangle, too. Where’s your sense of wonder, science? Where’s your sense of wonder? (via Alex G.)
* Big Think is blogging a “Dangerous Idea” a day all month. The thing is they’re all terrible ideas.
* Lost Star Wars sequel footage found.
* Definition of a masochist: Mets’ fan who watches his team lose a one-run game to the hated Phillies, then hopes the Red Sox will beat the Yankees to make up for it.
* And President Maddow lets loose against Bill O’Reilly.
I’m just saying it seems like he went out of his way to invite the comparison.
* This piece on how to throw away books from the New York Times annoyed me far more than was reasonable. Can’t be bothered to finish One Hundred Years of Solitude? Can’t be bothered to even get the title right? Really?
* About six million Americans receiving food stamps report they have no other income, according to an analysis of state data collected by The New York Times. In declarations that states verify and the federal government audits, they described themselves as unemployed and receiving no cash aid — no welfare, no unemployment insurance, and no pensions, child support or disability pay.
* And you can’t bring bottled water on a plane in the name of safety, but airlines can force their pilots to fly fatigued.
While the hated Yankees look likely to win the World Series, Mets fans can take solace in the fact that at least the Mets may not have lost money to Bernie Madoff.
I was going to follow up that Kal Penn post with a more substantive post, but I decided to take a nap instead. Advantage: Canavan!