* CFP: The Midwest Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference 2017. And here’s a CFP for a special issue on Polish science fiction.
* Do Earth laws apply to Mars colonists?
* The Turner Legacy: The Storied Origins and Enduring Impact of White Nationalism’s Deadly Bible.
* When We Feared Skyscraper Living: J.G. Ballard’s High-Rise. I thought the recent movie adaptation was great; I wish it had made a bigger splash.
* One of the startling facts to emerge is that while seven Supreme Court justices (Brennan, Marshall, Powell, Blackmun, Stevens, Breyer, and Ginsburg) have indicated that they think capital punishment should be ruled categorically unconstitutional, and several have renounced their previous rulings upholding capital punishment, no justice has ever moved in the opposite direction from questioning the death penalty to upholding it.
* Even the machines have turned on Trump.
* …if the Republican Party does not evolve, the Republican Party is going to die. The Republican Party at the End of the World. If you want a vision of the future.
* America’s cheese glut is really getting out of hand.
* Where are the Dylan McKays of yesterday?
* A viral obituary for the Great Barrier Reef has coral scientists seeing red.
* Good news everyone.
* Nintendo’s Super Mario Bros #copyright for the coin sound (1985).
* Asgardia, Proposed Space-Based Nation Accepting Citizenship Applications.
* How (Not!) To Be Inclusive: Deaf Academic version.
* Always reblog: Richard Scarry’s 21st Century Busy Town Jobs. And elsewhere in the 21st century: Uber’s Ad-Toting Drones Are Heckling Drivers Stuck in Traffic.
Tom the Dancing Bug 1215 richard scarry