* CFP: SFRA 2016, in Liverpool, UK.
* The first space age was about politics. The second space age was about science. The third space age is about money.
The basic dynamic here is that ostensibly left-wing parties have put the right wing in the driver’s seat and have no strategy other than to denounce the very right-wing racism that their preferred policies actually stoke. The refugee article aims to unmask a similar dynamic in more radical leftist circles. Among leftist commentators, academics, and online activists as well, there is an abdication of any responsible policy-making that takes actual-existing reality into account. In its place, we find only empty rhetoric aimed at guaranteeing the speaker’s ideological purity.
* Teach the controversy: Life on Mars was ‘destroyed by nuclear attack’, says physicist – and we could be next.
* The Fragile Framework: Can Nations Unite to Save Earth’s Climate? Spoiler alert: I have some terrible news.
* In a Crazy Turn of Events, Viral Sensation “Phuc Dat Bich” Says It Was All a Hoax. Is nothing sacred?
* Neil Blomkamp wants to fix the biggest mistake in the Aliens franchise: the death of Newt.
* And today in data visualization: The Magnificent Bears of the Glorious Nation of Finland.