* Really got our number here: All Possible Humanities Dissertations, Considered as Single Tweets.
RT @gerrycanavan: This short text, seen rightly, reveals the contradictions of a whole culture.
* Since starting to write this story about Champion, so many people have warned me away, expressed concern and shock, or (helpful but alarming) encouraged me to call the police if ever I felt threatened. I sort of knew what I was getting into when I began, and I believe I have as good an understanding now as I can have now that I’ve finished, but this fear is palpable. I know Champion will read this and I cannot imagine how it will feel for him. I would not want such a piece to be written about me, but I also hope never do to the kinds of things Champion has done. And I think that if I ever do them, I will deserve a story like this. Fascinating, frightening read.
* Unhappy career advice from the Chronicle: “You might not be ready for promotion.”
* UNC gets put on one-year probation for its recent student-athlete scandals. In other news, accreditation is a joke.
* Harriet Potter and the Very Dedicated Parent. There really should be an app for this.
eBooks should have least offer the option of universal gender-flip. @felixgilman
— Gerry Canavan (@gerrycanavan) June 11, 2015
* The arc of history is long, but.
* This is close, but I for one believe the hottest take is still out there.
Written by gerrycanavan
June 11, 2015 at 3:12 pm
Posted in Look at what I found on the Internet
Tagged with academia, academic freedom, accreditation, administrative blight, Alanis Morissette, America, American Studies, associate professors, atheism, Bechdel test, books, bullies, CEOs, Chris Christie, college sports, comedy, Cooper Union, Detroit, dinosaurs, dissertations, Doogie Howser, Ed Champion, film, Fuddruckers, Full House, Fuller House, Game of Thrones, gender, George R. R. Martin, girls, Goodfellas, Harry Potter, Hateful Eight, history is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake, hot takes, How the University Works, Jagged Little Pill, John Roberts, Jurassic World, kids today, Kindle, Kumail Nanjani, language, male privilege, millennials, MLA, moral panics, moralism, NCAA, Netflix, New Jersey, outer space, over-educated literary theory PhDs, parenting, porn, promotion, Quentin Tarantino, race, racism, religion, Scott Walker, self-defense, sharing economy, social media, student athletes, student debt, Supreme Court, television, tenure, the arc of history is long but it bends towards Netflix, the Census, the courts, the humanities, the law, the past is another country, the past is not another country, TSA, UNC, University of Wisconsin, UWM, Wisconsin, women, Won't somebody think of the children?, words, you guys
Subscribe to comments with RSS.