Resolved: Thursday Links Will Take All Our Links
* Tonight! DC! 6:30! Resolved: Technology Will Take All Our Jobs!
* Michael Bérubé and Jennifer Ruth: Time for a Teaching-Intensive Tenure Track.
* The problem is that the IRB system is so fundamentally misconceived that it is virtually a model of how to regulate badly.
* Teen got arrested after cop tried to pick her up, failed. Warrants issued for people who cheered at Senatobia graduation. In the last seven years at least 29 police K-9s have sweltered to death after officers left the dogs inside hot patrol vehicles.
* Sepp Blatter resigns. Something something joke about George Lucas character names.
* Alternative Idea for Resolving Sexual-Assault Cases Emphasizes Closure. “Administrators promised to keep her charges confidential and to protect her from retaliation.” For what it’s worth, I had some general thoughts on Title IX earlier this week that I Storified on the off-chance anyone is interested. I don’t think the outlook is good.
* Draft, uh, let’s say Bloomberg.
* And the arc of history is long, but Arrested Development season five will air in spring 2016.