the smartest kid on earth
leave a comment »
* Report: Only 20 Minutes Until Introverted Man Gets To Leave Party.
* Silicon Valley’s “Thunder Lizards” Want to “Hack” America’s Broken Universities. But are they vultures instead?
* Momentum is building to establish a new geological epoch that recognizes humanity’s impact on the planet. But there is fierce debate behind the scenes.
* Wheeeee! Some top Democrats are alarmed about Clinton’s readiness for a campaign.
* A police shooting in Madison, WI, highlighted the city’s alarming racial disparities.
* Twitter Just Banned Revenge Porn and Doxxing. Good, but, uh — they weren’t already banned?
* The situation at UC Irvine just seems totally surreal to me. ROTC standing guard over the flag? Really?
* MORE FLAGS.
* From the archives: U.S. Flag Recalled After Causing 143 Million Deaths.
* Moral panic watch: The bill does, however, make the school liable to any cisgender (nontrans) student who “encounters a person not of the student’s biological sex” in a bathroom, locker room, or shower. Every student who successfully proves the school violated this would-be law “shall be awarded … exemplary damages in the amount of $2,000.” That sum does not include the “actual damages,” which the bill notes includes “damages for mental anguish even if an injury other than mental anguish is not shown.”
* When Tim Morton met Björk.
* Gasp! Welfare drug tests fail to save expected cash.
* The “Blurred Lines” Verdict Is Bad News, Even If You Hate Robin Thicke.
* Video games and breast physics. Potentially NSFW link at Kotaku.
* The headline reads, “Mount Everest’s Poop Situation Is About To Go From Bad To Worse.”
* Vince Gilligan says to quit throwing pizzas on the roof of the Breaking Bad house. You’ve changed, man.
* Unemployment up in all Wisconsin counties, major cities. Chachi shrugged.
* Meanwhile, this exists: Charles in Charge: The Novelization.
* NCAA nearly topped $1 billion in revenue in 2014. Nice work if you can get someone to do it for you without wages.
* Seeking a friend for the end of the world.
* What every state is best at. Take that Vermont, though “longest cat lifespans” remains tantalizingly out of reach…
* And in a world without heroes, there was… Mystery Man Suspected Of Pooping On At Least 19 Cars In Ohio.
Written by gerrycanavan
March 12, 2015 at 9:00 am
Posted in Look at what I found on the Internet
Tagged with academia, America, American flag, bathrooms, Björk, Blurred Lines, Breaking Bad, breast physics, California, cats, Charles in Charge, charts, cheese, class struggle, climate change, college sports, copyright, Democratic primary 2016, Democrats, doxxing, ecology, flags, flexible online education, games, Happy Days, Hillary Clinton, How the University Works, ideology, imperialism, introversion, longevity, Madison, maps, MOOCs, moral panic, Mt. Everest, music, nationalism, NCAA, Ohio, parties, pizza, police brutality, police violence, politics, poop, race, racism, revenge porn, Robin Thicke, ROTC, safety net, scams, science, Scott Baio, Scott Walker, Silicon Valley, story of my life, the Anthropocene, The Onion, Timothy Morton, trans* issues, Twitter, unemployment, University of California Irvine, Vince Gilligan, vulture capitalism, war on drugs, welfare state, Wisconsin
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Blog at WordPress.com.