Saturday Morning Links!
* But it’s time to rethink this notion that Democrats lack principles. They have a clear agenda and are actually more ideological than Republicans. Democrats like Obama are willing to lose power to carry out the neoliberal agenda. Via Naked Capitalism’s excellent “Red Wedding” breakdown of the 2014 midterms.
* The cruelest optimism: “The Fact That Climate Change Lost Big in This Election Could Be a Huge Win.”
* The looting begins: Election Divides GOP On Whether To Seize And Sell America’s Public Lands.
* They used a statistical algorithm to randomly redraw the boundaries of North Carolina’s 13 congressional districts. The model produced thousands of versions of the redrawn map. All of them were based only on the legal requirements of redistricting, ensuring the districts represented roughly equal numbers of voters and were as geographically compact as possible, without accounting for race or political affiliation. Gerrymandering strongly supporting the Republicans there, of course.
* Your text adventure in your browser of the weekend: The Dead Outnumber the Living.
* And now you tell me! Paternity Leave: The Rewards and the Remaining Stigma.