Center for the Advancement of Saturday Links
* Some unexpectedly big news at President Lovell’s inauguration today: Marquette will be developing a new Center for the Advancement of the Humanities as a result of a multimillion dollar gift from an alumna.
* Cost of living map: What is $100 worth in your state?
* Does Louisiana have a future? Bobby Jindal says it’s an open question about which reasonable people can disagree.
* Nightmares: In 2010, a teacher’s aide and the assistant principal at Sparkman Middle School in Huntsville, Alabama carried out a plan to use a special needs student—a 14-year-old girl—as “bait” to catch another special needs student who was sexually violent. The plan failed, and the 14-year-old girl was raped in the school’s bathroom. Earlier this year, that assistant principal got promoted.
* More horrors: Fraternity Allegedly Used Color-Coded System to Roofie Girls.
* It’s been [hastily switches sign] 0 days since the last fact-free trend piece on paying for college through sex work.
* Meticulous Visual Recreation Of Moon Landing Shows It Wasn’t A Hoax. OR SO THEY WOULD HAVE US BELIEVE
* Why we can’t have nice things: Ohio Supreme Court: It’s OK To Strip Mine State Wildlife Areas.
* And 9/19/1984: Never forget.