* CFP: SFRA 2015.
* From the archives: the inaugural issue of Workplace: A Journal for Academic Labor. Ephemera 11.4: “Work, Play, and Boredom.” And in the mail: Science Fiction Film and Television 7.2, all about Doctor Who.
* Existential Comics recaps France vs. Germany.
* Today in things that won’t get a policeman thrown in jail, much less fired: Video Catches Highway Cop Punching Woman On The Side Of The Road.
* The past is another country: Black people were denied vanilla ice cream in the Jim Crow south – except on Independence Day.
* Jedediah Purdy at Politco: 238 years after its first birthday, America is in deep denial.
* TSA Now Mandating That All Phones Be Turned On Before You Fly. Up is down! Black is white!
* Children left to play alone achieve more. So that’s my secret!
* Presenting the absolute worst people in the world: the coal-rollers.
* Batman v. Superman only seems terrible because they got Kevin Smith to write a fake script to fool everyone. Well it certainly accounts for all the known facts.
* And the new rules for Dungeons & Dragons are free; you’ll note for historical purposes that race is still real, but sex and gender aren’t.