* There were some Sunday Super Sunshine Hit Links late last night, in case you missed them.
* The challenge is to see the killings as reasonable and normal. Notes on Understanding the UCSB Killings.
* “We have a financial and moral obligation to be good stewards of these dollars”: Obama’s Department of Education continues to pretend the government is hurt by the student loan regime.
* For a whole year, a Chilean artist using the name Fried Potatoes (Papas Fritas) planned his revenge. Saying he was collecting material for an art project, the 31-year-old visual artist sneaked into a vault at a notorious private, run-for-profit university and quietly removed tuition contracts. Fried Potatoes – whose real name is Francisco Tapia – then burned the documents, rendering it nearly impossible for the Universidad del Mar to call in its debt – which he claimed was worth as much as $500m (£297m). “It’s over. You are all free of debt,” he said in a five-minute video released earlier this month. Speaking to former students, he added: “You don’t have to pay a penny.”
* And your suspended animation tube is finally ready. Please, form an orderly queue…