Saturday Night Links!
* There’s nothing sweet in life: Daytime Napping Linked to Increased Risk of Death.
* America’s total newsroom workforce dropped 17,000, from 55,000 in 2006 to 38,000 in 2012, according to the Pew Research Journalism Project.
* “D.C.’s homeless children deserve a great play space. Let’s build one.” End homelessness.
Social Security officials say that if children indirectly received assistance from public dollars paid to a parent, the children’s money can be taken, no matter how long ago any overpayment occurred.
* Blogs to watch: http://carceralfeminism.wordpress.com/
* Go on….
* Climate Change Drying Out Southwest Now, With Worse To Come For A Third Of The Planet. Extreme Weather Has Driven A Ten-Fold Increase In Power Outages Over The Last Two Decades. If We Don’t Stop Now, We’ll Surpass 2°C Global Warming.
* Kickstarter of the night: Geek Theater: Anthology of Science Fiction & Fantasy Plays.
Written by gerrycanavan
April 12, 2014 at 9:53 pm
Posted in Look at what I found on the Internet
Tagged with academia, academic jobs, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Albuquerque, apocalypse, arbitrary government nonsense, carceral feminism, catastrophe, Chris Ware, climate change, Colbert, comics, death, digitally, domestic surveillance, ecology, Electronic Frontier Foundation, everything is trying to kill you, fantasy, Game of Thrones, gender, Heartbleed, homelessness, How the University Works, Jed Whedon, journalism, Kickstarter, kids today, labor, LAPD, Letterman, Marvel, mortality, Muppets, naps, not all men, NSA, Occupy Cal, outer space, parks, pennies, police brutality, police violence, prison-industrial complex, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, schools, science, science fiction, sexism, Social Security, strikes, student movements, superheroes, surveillance society, surveillance state, tasers, theater, University of California, vaccines, violence, war huh good god y'all what is it good for? absolutely nothing say it again, Won't somebody think of the children?
Subscribe to comments with RSS.