* By allying us with its protagonist, Gravity universalizes its image of exploited female labor, sells it back to its entire audience, men and women alike. Gravity shows a contemporary ideal of femininity still more sinister than the pinup. It presents woman as an intricate machine, strapped to dozens of wires, working her ass off with the goal of appearing weightless.
* We were born too late: …in the early universe, as Loeb speculates in a paper published in Astrobiology late last year, everything would have been a habitable zone.
* Terry Gilliam thinks he could have screwed up Watchmen waaaaaaay worse than Zack Snyder.
* Another day, another Title IX class action against a major university.
* Students Joke About Raping Student Union President, Then Threaten to Sue Her.
* Objectification, Humiliation and the Liberal Arts.
* Surprising minimum wage jobs.
* Wisconsin income gap widening faster than nation as a whole.
* New Study Confirms It: Breast-Feeding Benefits Have Been Drastically Overstated.
* Man Wakes Up In Body Bag At Funeral Home. Wow.
* Chomsky on academic labor. Life off the tenure track at Boise State.
* Polynesian seafarers discovered America long before Europeans, says DNA study.
* Watch Six Colorado Senate Candidates Deny Climate Change Exists In 18 Seconds.
* Inception: The Board Game.
* Man, the rich are different.
* “While the entire U.S. population has increased about one-third over the last 30 years, the Federal prison population has increased at a staggering rate of 800 percent, currently totaling nearly 216,000 inmates and currently operates at a 33 percent overcapacity. One-half of those Federal prison populations are drug offenses. While some of them are truly dangerous persons, as Deputy Attorney General Cole said, many of them are first-timers, and by possession only, wound up under Federal laws, the crack cocaine laws, in the Federal system”, she said.
* Researchers Find CTE In A Soccer Player For The First Time.
* This Is What Discrimination Against Pregnant Workers Looks Like.
* When May I Shoot a Student?
* Twelve Fixed, Eternal Commandments for Academic Job Candidates.
* The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from: Wachowskis prepping new Matrix prequel trilogy.
* And I think we should all just agree this is the true ending to Harry Potter now.