First Day of the Semester Links!
* CFP for this year’s meeting of the Science Fiction Research Association, which will be meeting at feminist science fiction convention WisCon in Madison this year.
* MLA Delegates Narrowly Approve Controversial Resolution on Israel. Can all-out war be far behind?
* The question is: Is such a life and such a career available now? In the Age of Adjuncts? When graduate students refer to themselves as ‘the pre-unemployed’?
*A reason FT and PT should organize together: Part-time professors at UNB are obliged by contract to continue teaching even if full-time faculty strike unless UNB administration decides otherwise. UNB professors on strike starting Monday. Some relevant video.
* Beginning in January, approximately 1,600 all-electric vehicles registered in North Carolina and newly-registered all-electrics are required to pay a $100 annual fee in addition to other required registration fees because Republicans literally just straight-out hate the planet that’s why.
* I missed this profile of Mia Farrow depicting her daughters’ allegations of child molestation against Woody Allen in November, but how utterly horrifying. Was there not time for the Golden Globes to rethink that “lifetime achievement” award?
* And paging Louis Althusser: school uses drone surveillance to stop students from cheating in exams.