* Link of the year: Teju Cole Wrote a Short Story on Twitter by Retweeting Others.
* The state of exception: Court Upholds Willy-Nilly Gadget Searches Along U.S. Border.
* Can J.P. Morgan really go 2 years without breaking the law? I’ll take the under.
* Notre Dame’s Moral Dilemma Over Birth Control. John Dear, Jesuit known for peace witness, dismissed from order. And from the archives: An Oklahoma high school suspended a 15-year-old student after accusing her of casting a magic spell that caused a teacher to become sick, lawyers for the student said on Friday.
* Dallas shock: It turns out a cop can get fired for something.
* Bad for the brand: Ex-Gitmo Detainee, Released by Bush, Is Suspected in Benghazi Attack.
* The New Inquiry’s issue on “Bloodsport” is unusually great.
* Nature Bombshell: Observations Point To 10°F Warming by 2100. This is why I think geoengineering is inevitable, for better or for worse.
* And congratulations Milwaukee, the 10th worst-run city in the US.