Just a Few Monday Night Links
* Sometimes the other universe bleeds into this one: Satanists Unveil Design For Okla. Capitol Monument.
* Science has announced today is the worst day of the year. Don’t worry, it’s almost over…
* Roscoe Bartlett spent 20 years on Capitol Hill. Now he lives in a remote cabin in the woods, prepping for doomsday.
* You can judge a society by the quality of its &c: Here Are Some of the Creepiest Abandoned Prisons We’ve Ever Seen.
* She also took aim at the assessment’s definition of fluency — which emphasizes reading with speed — and its use of what are known as “nonsense words.” Those call on students to identify the phonetics and sounds of words not found in the dictionary. Speering says employing them is a poor way to evaluate how well a child is understanding what he or she reads.
* And somebody seems to have maybe solved the Goldblach Conjecture. If true, amazing!