- Attack the tenured and those on the tenure track.
* The tyranny of data: Neflix’s 76,897 genres. No more, no less!
Given this it makes the most sense, and would in some sense be most accurate, to understand both Aragorn and Arwen as half-Elvish who chose the fate of Men, though even then few citizens of Gondor would think of Aragorn as anything but a Man. (Indeed Aragorn, descended from Elros, who chose mortality, is not even given the choice of identifying as an Elf, in the sense that his bloodline does not give him access to Aman.) What none would do is think of Arwen as “3/16 human.” Attempting to force this kind of “scientific” racialism, obsessed with fractional bloodline, on to Middle-earth and Arda is a sort of cultural imperialism: It’s just not how Elves or Men (or Valar) understand race.
* What could possibly go wrong? The United States Is Now the Most Unequal of All Advanced Economies.
* But there’s good news too! Lightning strikes killed fewer Americans than ever in 2013.
* It’s not just your imagination: mass shootings are increasing.
* 10 Films That Passed the Bechdel Test in 2013. There were ten?
* And Walmart Recalls Tainted Donkey Meat from Chinese Stores. “It’s actually fox meat, regulators say.”