* Annals of so totally completely missing the point: “Hunger Games’ producers working on ‘potential theme park opportunities.”
* Postal Service Insolvent Since 2006 Law Requiring It to Be Insolvent. Better privatize it!
* School Named For Former KKK Leader Reconsiders Its Legacy. Christ, Florida, why the rush? Let’s be sure we really think this thing through.
* Declaring a war on warrior culture in the wake of the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal. “The NFL’s Bully Problem”: Sports Columnist Dave Zirin Connects Violence in Sports to Rape Culture. Tony Dorsett Has CTE. More Living Football Players Show Signs Of CTE. Why It Matters That Tony Dorsett Is Showing Signs Of CTE. Why a Denver Broncos player suddenly walked away from the NFL and more than $1M.
* Happens all the time: Super typhoon Haiyan just broke all scientific intensity scales.
* Black students scored lower this year in every category of the nation’s benchmark reading and math test, which also showed that for all the dynamism in Wisconsin’s education scene, student achievement remains stagnant.
* The new normal: Black woman shot in head seeking help in white neighborhood.
* And at last some good news: That Saul Goodman Breaking Bad spinoff may be both prequel and sequel.
Written by gerrycanavan
November 8, 2013 at 10:02 pm
Posted in Look at what I found on the Internet
Tagged with #nodads, a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes, academia, actually existing media bias, adjuncts, austerity, Barack Obama, Bechdel test, Better Call Saul, Bill de Blasio, Breaking Bad, bullying, Chris Christie, Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, class struggle, climate change, concussions, crime, Darwin, Dungeons & Dragons, ecology, education, Employment Non-Discrimination Act, evolution, Facebook, fantasy, Florida, football, games, gay rights, guns, history, How the University Works, Hunger Games, KKK, labor, lead poisoning, lifeboaters, manifestos, maps, Marquette, minimum wage, misogyny, morally odious morons, nationalize the Internet, Nazis, neoliberalism, New Jersey, New York, NFL, North America, Pablo Neruda, photographs, police brutality, police state, politics, public option, race, Republican primary 2016, San Francisco, San Jose State, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, science fiction, slavery, so totally completely missing the point, social media, sports, superstorms, Sweden, Terry McAuliffe, the House, the humanities, the past is another country, the Philippines, the Senate, theme parks, transgender issues, trolls, Twitter, Virginia, what it is I think I'm doing, Wisconsin, work