* The shutdown is over; bring on the next shutdown! Communists at Standard and Poor’s Determine the Shutdown Took $24 Billion Out Of The US Economy. What You Can Get For The Price Of A Shutdown. Here Is What Republicans Got For Shutting Down The Government. House Republicans Hold Hearing on Why Their Shutdown Shut Things Down.
* Who benefits from the safety net? You’ll never guess!
* I’ve realised that if you’re a woman or queer gamer, you need a strong sense of the ironic and a mind of steel to be able to breathe and thrive in a culture that can often seem to despise you to a remarkable degree.
* To Prevent Rape on College Campuses, Focus on the Rapists, Not the Victims. How To Fix The ‘College Women Need To Stop Drinking’ Narrative. How To Write About Rape Prevention Without Sounding Like An Asshole.
* Bad Lip Reading presents Game of Thrones: Medieval Land Fun-Time World.
* Gus Lives! And right here in Milwaukee: McDonald’s restaurants allegedly used to launder drug money. I actually make fun of this forlorn-looking McDonald’s all the time; now I know…
* The A.V. Club reviews Schooled: The Price of College Sports.
* And Wes Anderson’s The Grant Budapest Hotel has a trailer. Bring on March!
Written by gerrycanavan
October 17, 2013 at 11:01 am
Posted in Look at what I found on the Internet
Tagged with academia, addiction, austerity, bad lip reading, Breaking Bad, class struggle, college basketball, college football, college sports, drugs, feminism, film, Game of Thrones, games, gay rights, government shutdowns, homophobia, How the University Works, McDonald's, Milwaukee, misogyny, MOOCs, NCAA, neoliberalism, Oreos, politics, poverty, privatize everything, race, rape, rape culture, Republicans, sexism, the economy, The Grand Budapest Hotel, the social safety net is for closers, the South, the West, trailers, Wes Anderson, white people, Wisconsin, Wolverine, X-Men
Subscribe to comments with RSS.