* More than 115,000 students earned baccalaureate degrees in the humanities in 2011, a 20-percent increase in absolute terms over a decade earlier. And 84 percent of students who earned bachelor’s degrees in the humanities said they were satisfied with their choice of major one year after graduation.
* As long as the dream world of nebulous “karma jar” income pollutes the atmosphere, no one can reconcile the insane injustice of an unpaid labor force reimbursed through the guilty feelings of their coworkers.
* The University of California at Irvine and Instructure, an education-technology company, are hoping that recipe will produce a successful MOOC. They have collaborated with AMC Networks to offer a massive open online course that uses The Walking Dead, a popular AMC show, as a jumping-off point for Irvine instructors to talk about various topics in mathematics, physics, and public health. Regis tration opened on Wednesday. Maybethe Variety link is more appropriate for this one.
* Elsewhere in exciting new synergies: Teach For America is Proud to Partner with Goldman Sachs.
* Brave Girls Want Dolls That Do Not Originate In or Reflect Porn Culture. (Link may be NSFW.)