* A nation of Zimmermans: Florida Cops Shoot Unarmed Black Man In His Mother’s Driveway.
* But a spokesman for the university said: “Diverting resources from unrelated activities elsewhere in the organization will not alter the viability of the language majors.” It’s almost certain the “non-viable” language majors break even or make a profit, while sponsoring the rugby team is a guaranteed money loser.
* Decadence watch: our infrastructure is still completely collapsing.
* Fake cops robbing Detroiters turn out to be real cops. I bet someone’s about to be… suspended without pay.
* Dibs on the screenplay: Archaeologists were surprised when they opened an excavated stone coffin only to find another coffin made of lead inside. The team said they’ve never seen anything like it.
Emails obtained by The Associated Press show Bennett and his staff scrambled last fall to ensure influential donor Christel DeHaan’s school received an “A,” despite poor test scores in algebra that initially earned it a “C.”
“They need to understand that anything less than an A for Christel House compromises all of our accountability work,” Bennett wrote in a Sept. 12 email to then-chief of staff Heather Neal, who is now Gov. Mike Pence’s chief lobbyist.
With a heavy heart, I have realized that if I want to remain in the classroom, I will have to leave the state. If I want to remain in this state, the place that I chose to be my home, I will have to leave the classroom. At the same time, this advocate of public education is left wondering what will be left for my children when they start school. I can’t express how deeply saddening it is to think that about my own field.
* And You Know You Want to Play These Risk-Style Games of ‘Urban Domination.’ Verily, I confess it!