Late Night Sunday B-B-B-Bonus Links! May Cause Depression!
* Alternet, against charter schools: Why the Racist History of the Charter School Movement Is Never Discussed.
* Cops in Baton Rouge arresting people under a sodomy law overturned a decade ago. The police officers who are participating in this ought to be thrown in jail.
* Could a Private University Have Made a Difference in Detroit? It’s an interesting thesis but requires a bit more data than just a spitball.
Now, in the wake of Superstorm Sandy, as coastal communities are still in the rebuilding process, Governor Chris Christie has a bill on his desk, S2680, that would give the green light to development on piers — all of which are now classified as high-hazard V-zone areas, according to FEMA’s new post-Sandy flood insurance maps.
* That’s one lesson delivered by San Jose State, though it’s unclear whether the school knows it. Of the $150 the students paid for each online course, the university kept only $40, with the rest going to Udacity.
* Competitive no-pay fellowship at Bard Graduate Center. (Don’t) apply today!
* But it’s not all bad news! Fast food workers will strike in seven cities tomorrow, including Milwaukee.
* An end to Limbaugh and Hannity? Where’s the anti-Kickstarter for this?
* After having bananas thrown at her during a political rally, Cécile Kyenge, Italy’s first black minister, told reporters that she would continue doing her job and that protesters should stop “wasting food.” Bananas. (Marc) Marone.