Gerry Canavan

the smartest kid on earth

Tuesday Night Links

with 4 comments

* The Daily Show rally backlash has begun in earnest, with worries that the rally will sap GOTV efforts alongside well-founded attacks on its basic premise. Still, I think we’re going, if only as an excuse to see my D.C. friends.

* How segregated is your city? Via MeFi.

* “In 1946, 53 percent of articles mentioning a research university were about that university, focusing on its research or activities,” the authors wrote. By 2005, “Just 15 percent of articles mentioning a university are about that university: the remaining 85 percent simply cite high-stature faculty for soundbite commentary on current events.”

* Being Franklin W. Dixon, author of The Hardy Boys.

* Kos, Josh Marshall, and Nate Silver see possible good news in Democratic poll numbers. Still, Democrats will lose big this November.

* Mad Men vs. the civil rights movement?

And Amazon is having a huge sale on the entire run of Scott Pilgrim. Enjoy.

4 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. I better be on that list of DC friends, gerry– I might actually be busy during the rally (there’s some really cool model UN business going on), but if not, I’ll for sure let you know– it’s only been what, 2+ years since I’ve last seen you?

    Sam

    September 21, 2010 at 11:06 pm

  2. Plus I missed you at the inauguration.

    gerrycanavan

    September 21, 2010 at 11:07 pm

  3. I mean, to be fair, we missed each other– as I recall, there were more than a few other people in attendance who somewhat complicated matters…

    Sam

    September 22, 2010 at 1:22 am

  4. To be perfectly honest, I’d be downright afraid to do GOTV efforts this year.

    Alex

    September 22, 2010 at 3:45 pm


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: