* BP claims the Deepwater Horizon link has been partially contained. I’m partially impressed. Scientific American points out that what’s happening today will have consequences for decades. Elsewhere in oil news, the oil lobby is fighting efforts that would make them more accountable for the actual costs of their toxic industry, while elsewhere in the world the tar sand rush is on.
* Climate change: still real.
* The financial reform bill: better than you’d think?
* Aesthetic controversy in Detroit! Can street art be moved and preserved?
* Aesthetic controversy in Scranton! The Office should not survive Michael Scott.
* Popular Science remembers your cities of the future.
* Today cell phones don’t cause cancer. Live your life accordingly.
* And dueling commencement addresses: Rachel Maddow (part 2, part 3), Glenn Beck. Stay for the end of the Beck for some really intriguing anti-intellectualism that pits eggheads and their so-called “expertise” against the mighty Holy Spirit. Guess who wins.