* Allen sends along three articles from the Chronicle of Higher Education on the disastrous job market in the humanities:
* Frank Donoghue: An Open Letter From a Director of Graduate Admissions.
* Peter Conn: We Need to Acknowledge the Realities of Employment in the Humanities.
* Lee S. Shulman: Doctoral Education Shouldn’t Be a Marathon.
Now I’m depressed.
* Ambinder has more SCOTUS speculation, explaining Obama’s likely strategy and why Elena Kagan is widely believed to be the frontrunner for the nomination.
* The West Virginia mining disaster that has killed at least 25 people appears to have been caused in part by corporate neglect of safe conditions.