A Few for Friday
I had a ton of links late last night in case you missed it, but here’s a few more for this morning:
* Ginsberg’s view is Malthusian. Administrators breed unless checked.
* Are all adjunct contracts illegal? Seems worth looking into…
* If the White House wants to pay attention to something important, they might start there rather than embracing the hope that market forces will automagically deploy the MOOC to finally relieve the technocrats of the burden of maintaining and extending public goods.
* Elsevier is a commercial firm that publishes some of the leading journals in many academic fields. In recent weeks, it has sent takedown notices to the academic social media network Academia.edu, as well as to the University of Calgary, the University of California-Irvine, and Harvard University. Why would Elsevier pick a fight with Harvard? That seems suicidal. Harvard could start up a nonprofit publishing firm for academic journals and not even notice the money was gone.
* This Guy Thinks All Pro Sports Are Rigged. I thought everyone knew this now…
* Obama suddenly dropping pardons. Thirteen! Just a few million to go.
* And your tumblr of forever: 70sscifiart.tumblr.com.