All the Tuesday Links
* Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism Advisory Board member and University of Nebraska at Omaha Criminology professor Pete Simi had extensive long term contact with alleged Wisconsin mass killer Wade Michael Page when he was conducting a multi-year study of the hate rock music scene in Southern California.
* Romney v. Reid, part 1000: “I don’t really believe that he’s got any kind of a credible source.” They’re his tax returns; if it’s within the realm of possibility that Reid has “any kind of a credible source,” isn’t that logically a concession the claim is true? TPM explains how it could be, though I still think it probably isn’t.
* Louisiana School Forces Students to Take Pregnancy Tests, Kicks Out Girls Who Refuse Or Test Positive. Naturally, the school also forces any young man suspecting of fathering a child to let’s not ruin a young man’s life over one mistake.
* The brightest timeline: New Arrested Development Season Starts Shooting Today.
* The darkest timeline: Papa John Warns: Pizza Prices Will Rise Under Obamacare.
* Joss Whedon will write and direct both Avengers Reaveng’d and help develop the Marvel TV series. This is reasonably promising, and yet I can’t help but agree with @HitFixDaniel: “I’d rather have Joss Whedon direct *literally* anything original than do an “Avengers” sequel. *ducks*”
* For my SF academics: UC Riverside’s Eaton Lifetime Achievement Award to recognize Ursula Le Guin, Ray Harryhausen and Stan Lee. As if you need another reason to go!
* The last alignment chart you’ll ever need: all Gary Oldman edition.
* The last missing piece of the puzzle: Witness claims there were actually two UFO crashes at Roswell in 1947.
* And don’t say it unless you mean it: speaking on Attack of the Show about Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary, David Tennant says he’s still got the costume.
Written by gerrycanavan
August 7, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Posted in Look at what I found on the Internet
Tagged with aliens, alignment charts, arcades, Arrested Development, Avengers, charter schools, Chevron, curiosity, Dark Knight, David Tennant, Doctor Who, Empire Strikes Back, Gary Oldman, general election 2012, Harry Reid, hate rock, health care, Joss Whedon, Louisiana, Mars, Marvel, Massachusetts, misogyny, Mitt Romney, NASA, oil, outer space, Papa John, pizza, Roswell, sexism, Sikh community, Social Security, Stan Lee, Star Wars, student debt, Tauntauns, taxes, teen pregnancy, television, The Avengers 2, the brightest timeline, the darkest timeline, the truth is out there, the wisdom of markets, UC Riverside, UFOs, Ursula K. Le Guin, Wisconsin, zunguzungu