A Few More
* Wikipedia is doomed. Doomed!
* Tim Morton makes the simple but necessary point that as the only sentient agents in the area—the only beings with “response ability”—we are “responsible” for climate change whether we are “causing” it or not.
* Biggest solar deal ever announced. The article goes on to say “When fully operational, the companies say the facility will provide enough electricity to power 845,000 homes — more than exist in San Francisco — though estimates like that are notoriously squirrely.”
* Washington Monthly tries to suss out Judd Gregg’s erratic behavior.
* Legalize it? The real question is why haven’t we yet.
And I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach — a feeling that America just isn’t rising to the greatest economic challenge in 70 years. The best may not lack all conviction, but they seem alarmingly willing to settle for half-measures. And the worst are, as ever, full of passionate intensity, oblivious to the grotesque failure of their doctrine in practice.